A light and tangy breakfast recipe with the crunch of the nuts. An alternative to the richness of the meaty pasta recipes.
Nutty Lemon Basil Pasta
- 1 pound pasta such as penne, farfalle or macaroni
- 1 lemon, Grated zest of
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 3 tbsp crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup boiled and sliced baby corn
- Freshly ground coarse black pepper
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package instructions. While pasta cooks, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, baby corn, almonds, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. When pasta is done, drain, but do not rinse. Add hot pasta to lemon juice mixture and toss thoroughly to coat. Garnish with chopped basil.Serve immediately.